Festival Belia 2015 – Site & Event Consultation
Hari Belia Negara (National Youth Festival – Festival Belia)
Site & Event Consultation and Management
The Parachute International Team were excited to return to Malaysia for the second year to work alongside our local partner to deliver an extremely complex and large national youth festival.
Each year, The Komenterian Belia Dan Sukan (Ministry of Youth & Sport), produce a national youth festival encompassing sports, recreations, arts, music and culture. This festival takes place in the Malaysian Administration capital of Putrajaya, around 30 minutes from the capital Kuala Lumpur.
Coming from a very successful event in 2014, the Parachute team was expanded to include British and Malaysian members, who all successfully tackled the Site and Event Planning and Management of this massive event.
Our local partner developed a majority of the content for this event, alongside government departments and other interested parties. Parachute International took this program and designed an event site in urban putrajaya, utilising empty lots, car parks, public squares, street spaces, building basements, riverside arenas, and office blocks to create the ultimate immersive urban festival setting. Our involvement ranged from site design to procurement to implementation and management as well as operations.
Highlights of our involvement include:
– Development/Planning of a site that was 1.2km long and 1km wide
– Introducing a Park & Ride transport system resulting in a 340% increase in usage
– A 90% reduction of traffic issues on previous years through effective Traffic Management Plans
– Creation & implementation of site wide decor, signage and infomation towers
– Creation and fabrication of a full size skate park
– Importation of Big Top Marquees from Australia (never seen before in SEA)
– And much more
The video below gives you an idea of the mammoth task that it is to build a fully immersive festival experience across so many varying terrains and formats.
To talk to Parachute about collaborating on your event, email firstname.lastname@example.org